Pon. Writing about every episode of a thing is a way of forcing us to think about our reactions and opinions in the long term (never mind whether this was the goal when we started…). It’s like writing a 10,000-word draft of a 2,000-word article, and then showing people the draft instead of the article. I like that–I think it’s interesting, that whole process of talking the knee into stopping its jerking.
But it also means we turn out a bunch of jokey throwaway posts as we work our way toward actually having something to say.
The following are, I think, some of the good’uns of early 2015, the posts that explain our headspace in the most satisfactory way.
- THE iDOLM@STER 24 and the problem of strong expectations
- Kancolle 03 and how I’m maybe not cut out for “fandom” as such
- THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 06 and 07, the producer’s protagonism, and Otouto’s fury
- Love Live! School Idol Project 06, in which I defend Nico and try to shoehorn the idea of reality hunger in there
- Kancolle 12 and the rest of it vs. the “strengths” of the source material
- Yurikuma Arashi 12, which turned out pretty Ikuhara-y after all